We are excited to announce our new Keep in Touch program or KIT for short. This program will allow our current and past graduate families to be able to connect with TC community and to continue building advanced positive parenting skills in a supportive environment. KIT includes the following programming:
Please note: We are only conducting check-ins currently. Other KIT programs are on hold.
Approximately one month after completion of the Behavioral Intervention program a one-hour virtual check-in is scheduled for each parent room group to touch base with our families.
Every second Tuesday (7pm-8pm) timely topics that may be challenging for families will be talked about among BI parents and graduates in a one-hour virtual evening session. Topics may include fostering positive sibling relationships, coping with changes in the home environment (moving, additions to the family, playdates and overnight guests, etc.) advocacy in the CPS school system, and more. Space is limited. Registration required. COST: pay $20 each for a single session or pay $100 for all 6 (i.e. buy 5 get 1 free!
Dates & Topics
- January 10, 2023 – “Sibling Sharing” – Let’s discuss the differences among sharing, turn taking and turn offs to foster positive sibling relationships.
- February 21, 2023 (please note: because of Valentine’s Day this is the 3rd Tuesday) – “Calling all Caregivers” – Want to get your whole family on board or at least give them a glimpse of the TC way? Get everyone involved and singing each other’s praises!
- March 14, 2023 – “Advocacy and the Child Learner“- Be assertive not aggressive to best set your child up for success. Learn some language for both private and public schools to get the services your child needs.
- April 11, 2023 –“Tricky Transitions” – How to get your child to switch from one activity to another.
- May 9, 2023 – “Playdates and Parenting in Public” – OMG! Did everyone just see that? Don’t be afraid! We will give you the tools, tips and techniques so you’ve got this!
*Program currently on hold
The first Friday of every month in-person drop-in sessions are offered to parent alumni to take a deep dive into relevant subjects impacting our TC community, including those with older school-aged children. First Fridays, like our BI parent program, will provide hands on materials such as readings and now additional take home materials to begin implementing positive concepts immediately (ex. Visual schedules) at home. This new program also creates a space for parents to connect with our broader TC community. First Fridays meets from 9:30 to 12:00 alongside our Friday Friends program and has the capacity to offer Behavioral Intervention support for children ages 2 to 6. Space is limited. Registration required.
First Friday of every month from 9:30 AM – 12:00 in the Parent Room.
Do you miss the TC community? Are you curious what we are all about? Just need a place to talk? Come joins us with coffee! An informal in-person gathering is for ALL TC parents (parents only) to have that casual touch stone over coffee. Converse, comfort, whatever you need, let’s do it with coffee cream and sugar. One hour, once a month, every third Thursday, from 9-10 AM. This event is FREE and open to everyone from our TC community.
Third Thursdays of each month from 8:30-9:30 AM in the Teacher’s Lounge.
- December 15, 2022
- January 19, 2023
- February 16, 2023
- March 16, 2023
- April 20, 2023
- May 18, 2023
We offer a private facebook group for our graduates from the BI program to help connect all of our families with other families who have gone through the program.
Facebook virtual parties, Bridge programming (during school breaks) and much much more!